How to Promote your music

Promote your music & Promote your band

The internet has opened up endless possibilities to promote your music, it allows you to experiment and let your creativity run wild! The key is to learn from the promotions you run, make changes, and fine-tune them. Let’s take a look at some basic strategies you could be using to promote your music.

Live Gigs and Appearances

With everything moving more and more towards digital, it’s easy to forget about the value of the person-to-person interaction. These days, you can create great quality music, release it, distribute it, promote it, and even play live without ever leaving your room. But, just because you can release something entirely online doesn’t mean you should! In fact, these personal interactions are still extremely important in the music industry. Video clips of these performances are a great addition to your website and social media pages.

Social Media to Promote Your Gigs and yourself

We all use social media. These days, if you’re not on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, it’s almost like you don’t exist. However, you may not be using social media to it’s full potential to promote your music. Social media is not a straight-up marketing platform. It’s really a catalyst for conversation and word-of-mouth marketing. About 80% of your posts should be funny, conversational, and interesting, leaving about 20% for promotional material.

Promote Your Music and sell it on Your Website

Your website shouldn’t be a static thing. It should be ever adapting and changing to reflect new events in your career. If you’re just starting out, you probably don’t have a lot of big updates other than the occasional album release and tour, but running a blog is a great solution. It’s fairly easy to set up a blog on the homepage of your website. Plan out blog posts at regular intervals like once or twice a week and share anything you think your fans would find interesting.

Your Music Videos

Your promotional strategies are based on videos. As a musician, your audience will want to see you as much as hear you. You will have to present them with decent and dare to say, catchy videos, that work together with your style. Your audience will expect to see your newest videos website and social media pages, or they will lose interest. A little effort put into your videos, will go a long way. At Gift Video Production, we offer professional Video Editing and Video Production Toronto and Canada-wide. If you are up for the challenge to shoot your own footage, we will bring them to the next level, while helping you keep your production costs down. Search our blog for many more video tips and contact us to get your video project started!

Tips to get your music video done on a budget
Types of Music Videos
Recommended Posts
Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.