Video sharing vs text content sharing
There’s much talk about video sharing on social media. Can’t ignore these facts, if you need effective business videos. Lets look at a few facts and figures on why videos are so much more popular on the share index than text sharing. So why are we triggered to video much more than text content? A few reasons seem elemental:
- Video appeals to multiple senses: if pictures speak a thousand words, imagine what videos trigger
- It’s fast: human attention has become a scarce resource, videos make it easy for your audience to save time
- It’s easy to process and comprehend: just imagine the visual description of a ball versus its textual one
- ¨I don’t believe it until I see it¨: our psyche is built in such a way that if we see it – rather than read about it – we believe it; authenticity and credibility is demonstrated much easier.
- Showing is also a more convincing call for action tool text sharing vs. video sharing
- There are more, much more emotional triggers in a picture, and in the end emotions are the primary drivers of human behavior.
- Growing importance of self-expression (the very base of social networking) give videos another step ahead of web content.
- Videos are easy to connect to: with such a rich tool, it is extremely easy to feel connected to the topic, idea, featured characters and so forth. And when the audience connects, he is engaged, he interacts, he joins – he acts.
- It’s evolution: visuals, visuals in motion especially attract our eyes, grab our attention, and keep it.
Because numbers convince: key figures for video sharing
Searching for evidence? Here are a handful of facts on why videos rule over text:
- Video content dramatically increases the chances of showing up on the front page of Google. Precisely, by 53 times. Business videos way to go!
- online videos have gone mainstream 78% of people online watch videos at least once per week (UK)
- Cisco expects online video to account for 69% of consumer Internet traffic by 2017 (up from 57 % in 2012)
- click through rate results for videos is 41% higher than that of their text counterpart.
- Youtube produces 28% of total searches on Google, according to ComScore.
- 50% of online traffic through mobiles is generated by videos, according to Bytemobile.
- the number of unique visitors of Youtube is more than 1 billion.
Professional Video Editing for all your footage. If you are up for the challenge to shoot your own footage, we will bring them to the next level. Business videos, Social media videos and more. Search our blog for many useful video tips and contact us to get your video project started!